President’s Welcome Note
Dear ICMAH Members and Colleagues,
- Establishing a dense communication with ICMAH members by publishing a trimestral newsletter,
- Having more professional relations with other international committees and to organize common conferences, meetings, trainings,
- Promoting countries of 3rd and/or 4th categories to extend the activities of ICOM/ICMAH,
- Realizing more publications in relation with archaeology and history museums,
- Creating an online bibliography about the latest publications about archaeology and history museums,
- Effectuating a more “interactive” web-site where the volunteer museums and/or professional members of ICMAH may send news, announces and/or communication concerns.
- Fostering young ICOM/ICMAH members to get involved more efficiently and interactively to all activities and raising funds for this reason.
We start to realize our goals by organizing our 2020 Annual Conference in Bogota Colombia thanks to the collaboration of ICOM Colombia. This will be a whole week event during the last week of October 2020 with thematic conferences, workshops where we will meet our colleagues from Colombian and South American museums and also students of museum studies, archaeology, history and art history.
We already decided for 2021 Annual Conference venue in Dakar, Senegal. We are aiming to realize many side activities especially with young professionals and hoping to share challenged experiences of our African colleagues.